This year ‘Ayurveda Day’ will be organized in 100 countries around the world.
- This year Ayurveda Day will be celebrated internationally in about 100 countries across the world.
- Celebration of ‘Ayurveda Day’ on the theme of ‘Ayurveda for One Health’ will be a global event and to make it successful, the Ministry of AYUSH will get the support of all the ministries of the country.
- The Ministry of AYUSH today called a meeting of various ministries for the successful organization of ‘Ayurveda Day’ to be celebrated on the occasion of Dhanvantari Jayanti on 10 November 2023.
Table of Contents- Current Affairs 19.10.2023
TV-D1 will make its first test flight on October 21, will be launched from Sriharikota
- TV-D1 will fly for its first test flight on October 21 under the Gaganyaan mission.
- Which will be sent from Sriharikota between 7 am to 9 am.
- However, after this test, three more test vehicle missions will be conducted.
- Gaganyaan can be sent next year Gaganyaan is India’s first space mission, it can be sent by the end of next year or the beginning of 2025.
- There will be an unmanned test flight in 2024, in which a Vyomamitra robot will be sent! Will go.
Dalai Lama’s sister will receive Pearl S. Buck Award
- Jetsun Pema, the Dalai Lama’s younger sister, will be awarded Randolph College’s Pearl S. Buck Award in April.
- Jetsun Pema will be presented with the award during a special ceremony on April 18.
- Dolph also plans to share a new documentary about his life during the show.
- Pema Randolph’s Pearl S. Buck is the seventh recipient of the award.
Grandmaster Raunak becomes World Junior Chess Champion
- Indian chess player Raunak Sadhwani has become the champion of Under-20 World Junior Rapid Chess 2023.
- He has won the 11th round of the championship with 8.5 points.
- Raunak received the title of ‘Grandmaster’ at the age of 13.
- He is the 9th youngest chess player in history and the 4th youngest Indian player to become a ‘Grandmaster’.
Team India captain Rohit Sharma reached sixth position in ICC ODI rankings.
Team India captain Rohit Sharma has reached sixth position in the ICC ODI rankings.
They have gained four places.
Pakistani captain Babar Azam remains on top. Three batsmen from India are included in the top-10 of the latest ODI batting rankings released on Wednesday.
Shubman Gill is second, Rohit is sixth and Virat Kohli is at ninth position in the current ranking.
Nawanpind Sardaron Village of Punjab received the Best Tourism Village Award
- The beautiful Nawanpind Sardaran village located in Gurdaspur, Punjab was recently awarded the title of ‚India’s Best Tourism Village 2023‛ by the Union Ministry of Tourism.
- Five sisters together have got their village awarded the best tourism village.
- Despite everyone being busy in their professional lives, five sisters took up the task of preserving their two ancestral homes in Nawan Pind Sardaran village here.
India and Britain hold first 2+2 foreign and defense talks in New Delhi
- The India-UK 2+2 Foreign and Defense Dialogue was inaugurated in New Delhi, where both sides emphasized cooperation in trade, defence, healthcare and other key areas.
- The India-UK ‘2+2’ foreign and defense dialogue held on Monday marked an important milestone in the bilateral relations between India and the United Kingdom.
- In the dialogue both sides focused on ways to enhance cooperation in various important areas such as trade and investment, defence, critical technologies, civil aviation, health and energy.
Arindam Bagchi appointed as India’s Permanent Representative to the United Nations
- External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Arindam Bagchi was on Monday appointed India’s permanent representative to the United Nations and other international organizations in Geneva.
- He is a 1995 batch officer of the Indian Foreign Service (IFS).
- He took charge as the spokesperson of the Ministry of External Affairs in March 2020.
Prime Minister Modi’s new Garba song ‘Madi’ released
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has released a new Garba song named ‘Madi’ on 15 October 2023.
- Through this song, PM Modi congratulated people on the auspicious occasion of Navratri and wished them happiness and prosperity.
- On the first day of Navratri, Garba song ‘Madi’ written by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been released.
Bhopal’s Mahila Thana becomes the first women-centric police station in entire India
- Mahila Thana (Women Police Station) of Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh) has become the first women centric police station in entire India to be certified with International Organization for Standardization (ISO 9001:2005 certificate).
- This certificate is issued for 3 years.
- With this certification, Mahila Thana becomes the second ISO certified police station of Bhopal.
- In May 2023, Misrod Police Station became Bhopal’s first ISO 9001:2015 certified police station.