1. The Bletchley Declaration is the world’s first Artificial Intelligence Safety agreement
The Bletchley Declaration is the first Artificial Intelligence Safety accord in history. At a summit in the United Kingdom on November 1, 2023, 28 nations and the European Union signed it. The Bletchley Declaration creates a common understanding of the advantages and disadvantages that frontier AI presents, as well as the necessity of government cooperation to address the biggest issues.
Table of Contents : Latest Current Affairs 12 November 2023
2. Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) acquired Mercator Petroleum for approximately Rs 148 crore
In an insolvency proceeding, the state-owned Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) purchased Mercator Petroleum Limited (MPL) for around Rs 148 crore. The sale was allowed by the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) in accordance with the 2016 Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code.
3. Ministry’s National Urban Livelihood Mission (NULM) is launching the “Women for Water, Water for Women Campaign”
In association with the Odisha Urban Academy and the Ministry’s National Urban Livelihood Mission (NULM), the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) is launching the “Women for Water, Water for Women Campaign,” popularly known as “Jal Diwali.” The campaign’s main goal is to give women a forum for active involvement in water governance.
4. Uttar Pradesh has the highest percentage of deaths in road accidents according to the report ‘Road Accidents in India-2022’
As per the ‘Road Accidents in India-2022’ study, Tamil Nadu (10.6%) and Uttar Pradesh (13.4%) had the highest number of road accident-related deaths. With 13.9% of all accidents, Tamil Nadu had the highest percentage of traffic accidents in 2022, followed by Madhya Pradesh with 11.8%.
5. Sweden’s Saab has received approval for 100% FDI
As the first foreign company to gain such approval in the nation’s defense sector, Sweden’s Saab has achieved a critical milestone by being approved for 100% FDI to develop a new production plant in India.
6. IIT Kanpur has developed a solution to tackle Delhi’s air pollution crisis using artificial rain
IIT Kanpur has created a method that uses artificial rain to address the air pollution problem in Delhi. The institute has successfully completed testing for this project during its more than five years of development.
7. India has the highest rate of workplace burnout in 2023, according to a McKinsey Health Institute survey
India has the highest rate of workplace burnout in 2023, according to a McKinsey Health Institute survey. The survey found that 59% of Indian respondents reported experiencing burnout symptoms.
8. Sheikh Hasina is the world’s longest-serving female head of government
Time Magazine recognized Bangladeshi Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina as the longest-serving female head of state in history.
9. AI is declared as the Word of the Year 2023 by Collins Dictionary
Collins Dictionary has declared “AI” as the Word of the Year for 2023. The publisher chose the word because of its rapid development and increasing impact on our lives. The use of the word “AI” has quadrupled in the past year, and it is now used in a wide range of contexts, from business and technology to healthcare and the arts.
10. The Election Commission of India’s (ECI) flagship program is Systematic Voters’ Education and Electoral Participation (SVEEP)
The Election Commission of India’s (ECI) flagship program is Systematic Voters’ Education and Electoral Participation (SVEEP), which is implemented in schools and colleges. A multi-intervention program called SVEEP uses several media platforms to enlighten voters, electors, and citizens about the election process in an effort to raise awareness and encourage informed participation. It is created in accordance with the state’s socioeconomic, cultural, and demographic makeup as well as the voter turnout in prior election cycles.
11. NASA is the organization behind the INFUSE mission, which aims to study the Cygnus Loop supernova remnant
The INFUSE mission, focused on studying the Cygnus Loop supernova remnant, is conducted by NASA, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
12. “Surat” city in Gujarat is the first to have an Indian Navy warship named after it.
‘Surat,’ the newest warship of the Indian Navy, is the first to be named after a Gujarati city. Gujarat Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel will reveal the warship’s crest in Surat today.
13. New Delhi in India has topped the list of most polluted cities in the world
Based on data from the Swiss Group IQAir, New Delhi, India, has emerged as the most polluted city globally. New Delhi ranks first on the lists of the most polluted cities in India and the globe, with an Air Quality Index of 483.
14. The Enemy Property Act, of 1968
The Enemy Property Act, of 1968, specifically excludes the heirs of individuals who migrated to China and Pakistan during partition from claiming their ancestral properties left behind in India
15. Indians chess players won the top titles at the FIDE Grand Swiss chess event
Vidit Gujrathi and R. Vaishali, from India, clinched the top titles at the FIDE Grand Swiss chess event, securing spots in the upcoming Candidates tournament.