1. Indian captain Rohit Sharma achieved a big achievement in the 29th match of ODI World Cup 2023.
- In the 29th match of the ODI World Cup 2023, Indian captain Rohit Sharma achieved a big feat, becoming the fifth Indian batsman to complete 18,000 runs in international cricket.
- Rohit is the 20th batsman in the world and 5th from India to achieve this feat.
- Rohit has also become the first captain to complete 1,000 ODI runs this year.
Table of Contents- Latest Current Affairs 2023
2. World Vegetarian Day: 01 November
- World Vegetarian Day is celebrated every year on 1 November to raise awareness about the benefits of vegetarian diets and vegetarianism in general.
3. Rajyotsav Day (Karnataka Foundation Day): 1 November
- Rajyotsava Day also known as Karnataka Rajyotsava or Kannada Rajyotsava or Kannada Day or Karnataka Day is celebrated every year on 1 November.
- On 1 November 1956, all the Kannada language-speaking areas of South India were merged to develop the state of Karnataka.
4. Andhra Pradesh Foundation Day: 1 November
- Andhra Pradesh Foundation Day is celebrated every year on 1 November to commemorate the day of formation of the state.
- Andhra Pradesh came into existence as a result of the States Reorganization Act 1956.
- It was the first to be formed on linguistic basis.
- Telugu is the official language of the state, which has a deep literary tradition in this regional language.
5. Thailand gives facility to Indians to travel without visa
- Southeast Asian country Thailand has recently provided the facility to Indians to travel without visa.
- Indians can travel to Thailand without a visa during the period from November 10, 2023 to May 10, 2024.
- Thailand has taken this decision with the aim of promoting tourism in the country.
6 Throttle Aerospace Systems drone company receives certification from DGCA
- RatanIndia Enterprises-owned drone company Throttle Aerospace Systems has received type-certification from the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) for manufacturing drones.
- Throttle Aerospace was the first company in India to receive a Drone License Certificate from DGCA and was eligible for the Product Linked Scheme of the Government of India.
7. World’s first AI Safety Summit started in European country Britain
- The world’s first AI Safety Summit has started in the European country Britain, many countries including India, America, France, Singapore are participating in this conference. Union Minister Rajiv Chandrashekhar is representing India at the two-day summit starting on November 1 in Buckinghamshire in southern England. This is the first time that such an AI Safety Summit is being organized.
8. Shekhar Kapur will chair the international jury panel at ‘India International Film Festival’
- In a recent announcement, IFFI revealed the distinguished members of its international jury panel, with acclaimed filmmaker Shekhar Kapur leading the team.
- The 54th edition of the prestigious International Film Festival of India (IFFI), an annual cinematic festival, is scheduled to be held in Goa from November 20 to November 28, 2023.
- As one of the largest festivals of global cinema in South Asia, IFFI is a hub of artistic talent, attracting thousands of cinema lovers and top talent from the international film industry.
9. England cricket player David Willey announced his retirement from international cricket after the World Cup.
- England cricket player David Willey has announced his retirement from international cricket after the World Cup.
- 33-year-old Willie made his debut for England in 2015.
- He has played 70 ODI and 43 T20 International matches for England so far.
- David Willey has also taken 94 wickets in ODIs.
10. Shaheen Afridi became the fastest bowler to take 100 wickets in ODI cricket.
- Pakistan’s fast bowler Shaheen Afridi has become the fastest bowler to take 100 wickets in ODI cricket.
- He achieved this feat in a match played against Bangladesh in the World Cup.
- He achieved his 100 ODI wicket in his 51st ODI match.
11. The word ‘Bazball’ related to cricket has been included in the prestigious Collins Dictionary.
- Recently the word ‘Bazball’ related to cricket has been included in the prestigious Collins Dictionary.
- This word is used to adopt an aggressive approach in the game of cricket.
- This term was first used by Andrew Miller.
12. Women’s share in the country’s workforce to increase to 37% in 2022-23
- The share of women in the country’s workforce has increased rapidly.
- Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan said that the participation of women in the country’s workforce has increased to 37 percent in 2022-23.
- Dharmendra Pradhan said in the ‘Employment Fair’ here that in 2017-18 this figure was 23 percent.
- He said that there has been balanced development in the society as the participation of women in the workforce has increased.
- According to the information, Dharmendra Pradhan has distributed appointment letters of various central organizations to 172 people in the employment fair program.
13. Norway is providing financial assistance to India’s “Hunger Project” in Uttarakhand.
Through India’s “Hunger Project,” Norway is giving Uttarakhand ₹44.7 million over three years, until September 2026, to improve environmental protection and food security. With an emphasis on the environmentally delicate Uttarakhand region, this program seeks to strengthen food security, develop women leaders, and protect the environment while assisting vulnerable households.
14. RBI increase the bulk deposit limit for Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) in 2023
Recently, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) reviewed financial institutions’ bulk deposit limitations in great detail, concentrating on Regional Rural Banks (RRBs). The review has resulted in a huge increase in the bulk deposit ceiling for RRBs, from Rs 15 lakh to Rs 1 crore. This modification represents a significant shift in the RRBs’ operational framework and aims to promote a more inclusive and equitable banking environment.
15. Fincare Small Finance Bank is set to merge with AU Small Finance Bank
Fincare Small Finance Bank is set to merge with AU Small Finance Bank starting on February 1, 2024, pending necessary approvals and regulatory endorsements.
16. MGNREGS workers decline in April-September 2023 compared to the previous fiscal year
Scholars and activists at LibTech India have conducted a research that revealed significant changes to the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS) between April and September 2023. Compared to the previous fiscal year, there has been a 7.5% decline in the number of active MGNREGS workers, according to data from the Union Rural Development Ministry.
17. Swan Energy acquired Reliance Naval and Engineering in 2023
Swan Energy, a conglomerate located in Mumbai, strengthened its position in the shipbuilding business in India and partnered with the Atmanirbhar Bharat project for self-reliance by purchasing Reliance Naval and Engineering for ₹231 crore through its special purpose company, Hazel Infra.