1. 4th edition of Goa Maritime Conclave 2023
Under the direction of the Naval War College in Goa, the Indian Navy will hold the fourth edition of the Goa Maritime Conclave (GMC) from October 29 to October 31, 2023. This event represents a noteworthy assembly of dignitaries and specialists from twelve Indian Ocean Region (IOR) nations. The main goal of the conclave is to harmonize and align the capacities and capabilities of IOR nations in order to realize SAGAR (Security and Growth for All in the Region). This theme, “Maritime Security in the Indian Ocean Region: Converting Common Maritime Priorities into Collaborative Mitigating Frameworks,” reflects this mission.
Table of Contents: Latest Current Affairs 2023
2. National Medical Register (NMR) is set to launch its “One Nation, One Registration platform”
With its “one nation, one registration platform,” the National Medical Commission (NMC) is prepared to introduce its services to physicians throughout India. Within the following six months, the NMC will introduce a patch pilot of the National Medical Register (NMR), in which physicians will receive a unique identifier.
3. GST collections in October 2023 amounted to ₹1.72 Lakh Crore
India’s Gross Goods and Services Tax (GST) collections in October 2023 amounted to ₹1.72 Lakh Crore. This was a 13.4% increase year-on-year and the highest in 10 months.
4. Mumbai recorded the fourth-highest year-on-year growth in prime residential prices among global cities
According to Knight Frank’s Prime Global Cities Index, Mumbai saw the fourth-highest annual gain in prime residential prices among all global cities in the quarter that ended in September 2023. Manila declared themselves first.
5. 1st November: Zojila Day
November 1st is Zojila Day, an occasion to honor the courageous deeds of Indian forces during ‘Operation Bison’ in 1948, held at the Zojila War Memorial close to Drass. The Indian Army conducted Operation Bison in 1948 in an effort to retake the Zojila Pass, which had been taken by Pakistani intruders. On November 1st, 1948, the Indian Army took back control of the pass following the successful operation.
6. Saima Wazed elected as the WHO Regional Director for South-East Asia
Saima Wazed, the daughter of Bangladesh’s Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, won the election for the WHO Regional Director for Southeast Asia, securing a decisive victory with eight out of ten votes.
7. 2nd November: International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists
Every year on November 2, the world observes the International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists. The United Nations General Assembly created this day in 2013 to draw attention to the problem of crimes against journalists going unpunished and to implore countries to take action to safeguard journalists and prosecute those who commit such crimes.
8. Deepesh Nanda has been appointed as the CEO & MD of Tata Power Renewable Energy
Deepesh Nanda has been appointed as the CEO & MD of Tata Power Renewable Energy, marking a significant leadership change for the company.
9. The RBI reported that over 97% of ₹2,000 banknotes in circulation as of May 19, 2023, have been returned by October 31, 2023.
10. A Chinese Communist Party delegation visited the Solomon Islands in November 2023
To strengthen relations between China and the Solomon Islands, a delegation from the Chinese Communist Party paid a visit there in November 2023. Guo Yezhou, the deputy head of China’s Communist Party central committee’s international department, led the group.
International is the category
11. “Champions of Earth” award was conferred by which of the following organisation: UNEP
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) announced the 2023 Champions of the Earth, honouring a city mayor, a non-profit foundation, a social enterprise, a government initiative and a research council for their innovative solutions and transformative action to tackle plastic pollution. Since its inception in 2005, the annual Champions of the Earth award has been given to trailblazers at the forefront of efforts to protect people and the planet. It is the UN’s highest environmental honour.