Quiz: Daily Current Affairs 04 January 2024
Current affairs play a pivotal role in competitive examinations, serving as a crucial component that assesses a candidate’s awareness of ongoing events, trends, and issues both at national and international levels. Staying informed about current affairs is essential for several reasons.
It reflects a candidate’s general knowledge and awareness, which are key indicators of intellectual acumen. Examinations often include questions related to recent developments, political changes, economic policies, and social issues. Demonstrating awareness of these topics showcases a candidate’s ability to stay updated and engaged with the world around them.
#1. Recently, which city has achieved 100% saturation in 'Vikas Bharat Sankalp Yatra'?
- Dr Jitendra Singh lauded the success of Udhampur in getting closer to full implementation in key schemes and major projects.
- All “Vikas Bharat Sankalp Yatra” schemes as well as all major schemes of the Government. Udhampur district of India is close to 100% saturation.
- PM Modi also flagged off ‘Vikas Bharat Sankalp Yatra’ in five states Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Mizoram and Telangana. The Prime Minister had started ‘Vikas Bharat Sankalp Yatra’ from Khunti, Jharkhand on 15 November.
#2. Gujarat has created a Guinness record for performing mass Surya Namaskar simultaneously at _____ locations in the state on the first day of the New Year.
Gujarat created history with the largest Surya Namaskar event, which saw 4,000 participants from 108 locations and 51 categories and earned a place in the Guinness Book of World Records.
#3. In which city will Prime Minister Narendra Modi attend the three-day annual conference of Directors General and Inspectors General of Police?
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will participate in the All India Conference of Directors General/Inspectors General of Police 2023 to be held at Rajasthan International Centre, Jaipur from January 6 to 7, 2024.
#4. Hatti community of Sirmaur of which state has got the status of Scheduled Tribe?
Hati community living in Giripar of Sirmaur district of Himachal Pradesh has got the status of Scheduled Tribe (ST).
Know about Hatti community:
- The Hattis, named for their ‘haat’ markets, live in the Trans-Giri of Himachal Pradesh and Jaunsar Bawar in Uttarakhand.
- This close-knit group performs inter-community marriages, with the men wearing different hats.
- Community affairs are governed by the traditional ‘Khumbli’ council, whose power rivals that of the established Panchayati Raj system.
- They contribute to 7% of the tribal population of Himachal Pradesh.
#5. Who has been awarded the Swaminathan Award?
- Chaudhary Charan Singh, Vice Chancellor of Haryana Agricultural University, Prof. B.R. Kamboj was awarded the prestigious M.S. in recognition of his work as a scientist and extension specialist in the field of agricultural sciences. Swaminathan Award has been awarded.
- MS Swaminathan has received many awards and accolades for his outstanding contributions to agriculture, including being honored as the first World Food Prize laureate in the year 1987. He has also been awarded the Padma Shri (1967), Padma Bhushan (1972) and Padma Vibhushan (1989).
- MS Swaminathan is considered the father of the Indian Green Revolution while Dr. Norman E. Borlaug is considered the father of the Green Revolution.
#6. Who has been appointed the new Defense Minister of China?
China has appointed former navy chief Dong Jun as its new defense minister, replacing previous minister Li Shangfu, who disappeared from public view four months ago.
#7. Which Union Territory has become the first Union Territory to implement PM Vishwakarma Yojana (PMVY) in the country?
Jammu and Kashmir has become the first Union Territory to implement the Pradhan Mantri Vishwakarma Yojana (PMVY) which aims to advance the skills of the artisan community by empowering it.
#8. Who has taken over the chairmanship of BRICS 2024?
Russia holds the chairmanship of BRICS. Till now only India, Russia, China, South Africa and Brazil were included in BRICS. BRICS is a group of developing countries of the world.
The formal induction of new members was announced during a meeting held in Moscow. Soon after Moscow assumed the chairmanship of BRICS, Russian President Vladimir Putin said that the grouping has now become an organization of ten countries.
In the last BRICS summit held in Johannesburg in August, the leaders of the group had approved the proposal to add six countries including Argentina to the group from January 1. However, Argentina’s new President Javier Milli recently formally refused to join the increasingly influential BRICS organization.
#9. Which day is celebrated as Braille Day every year?
- January 4 is the birthday of Louis Braille, the inventor of the Braille script, who was born in France in 1809. The United Nations has declared 4 January every year as World Braille Day to commemorate Louis Braille and to raise awareness about the importance of Braille in education, communication and social inclusion.
- The United Nations General Assembly in November 2018 decided to officially celebrate 4 January as World Braille Day. After this, the first World Braille Day was celebrated on 4 January 2019. Since then, World Braille Day is celebrated every year on 4 January.
#10. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated a new terminal building at Tiruchirappalli International Airport in which state?
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi today inaugurated, dedicated to the nation and laid the foundation stone of development projects worth over Rs 20,000 crore in Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu .
#11. The 193rd birth anniversary of social reformer, teacher and poet Savitribai Phule has been celebrated. On which day is this birth anniversary celebrated every year?
- On January 3, 2024, Savitribai Phule was born in the year 1831 in Naigaon, Maharashtra .
- In 1840, at the age of 9, he was married to social reformer Jyotiba Phule.
- After marriage, with the help of her husband, Savitribai Phule learned to read and write and eventually both of them together opened India’s first school for girls in the year 1848 at a place called Bhidewada in Pune .
- In the social and educational history of India, Mahatma Jyotiba Phule and his wife founded the Satyashodhak Samaj, the purpose of this institution was to start the Satyashodhak marriage system in which no dowry was taken.
- He also established the country’s first farmers’ school . In the year 1852, she established a school for Dalit girls .
- Their objective was to organize widow remarriage in the society, eradicate untouchability, liberate women and educate Dalit women .
- In 2014, the name of Pune University was changed to Savitribai Phule University in her honour .
#12. On which day is the 294th birth anniversary of Rani Velu Nachiyar celebrated?
- Rani Velu Nachiyar was born on January 3, 1730.
- She was the princess of Ramanathapuram and the only child of King Chellamuthu Vijayaragunatha Sethupathi and Queen Sakandhimuthal of the Ramnad Empire.
- She was the first queen to fight against the British colonial rule in India . Tamil people know him as ‘Veeramangai’ .
- Recently, Rani Velu Nachiyar has been made the mascot for the Khelo India Youth Games to be held in Tamil Nadu.
HD Quiz powered by harmonic design