Quiz: Daily Current Affairs 05 January 2024
Current affairs play a pivotal role in competitive examinations, serving as a crucial component that assesses a candidate’s awareness of ongoing events, trends, and issues both at national and international levels. Staying informed about current affairs is essential for several reasons.
It reflects a candidate’s general knowledge and awareness, which are key indicators of intellectual acumen. Examinations often include questions related to recent developments, political changes, economic policies, and social issues. Demonstrating awareness of these topics showcases a candidate’s ability to stay updated and engaged with the world around them.
#1. Beatrice Chabet breaks the women's 5km marathon world record at the Cursa dels Nassos in Barcelona. Which country is he from?
#2. Which wildlife sanctuary was recently included in the Swadesh Darshan 2.0 scheme?
The Ministry of Tourism has included Debrigarh Wildlife Sanctuary in the Swadesh Darshan 2.0 scheme. Swadesh Darshan Program was started by the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India in the year 2015, which is a 100% centrally funded scheme. Debrigarh Wildlife Sanctuary is located near Hirakud Dam (Mahanadi River) in Bargarh district of Odisha.
#3. Who has been nominated as the Chairman of the Supreme Court Legal Services Committee by the National Legal Services Authority (NALSA)?
- The National Legal Services Authority (NALSA) has nominated Justice BR Gavai as the Chairman of the Supreme Court Legal Services Committee.
- Justice Sanjiv Khanna was replaced as Chairman of the Supreme Court Legal Services Committee.
#4. IREDA has declared which year as the Year of Human Resource Development and Discipline?
2024 has been designated as the ‘Year of Human Resource Development and Discipline’ for the Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Limited (IREDA) , reflecting the strategic expansion of the organization into new areas.
#5. In which city did the Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh inaugurate the five-day winter carnival?
Chief Minister Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu flagged off the cultural tableaux of the five-day long national level winter carnival in Manali from the auditorium. Before this, the Chief Minister offered prayers at the temple of Hidimba Mata. Also inaugurated the cultural programs which ran in the theater for five days.
#6. In which state was 'Rahat Vani Kendra' inaugurated for early warning of disaster?
Uttar Pradesh state Chief Secretary Durga Shankar Mishra inaugurated ‘Rahat Vani Kendra’ (RVC), a disaster early warning center in an effort to deal with multi-hazard scenarios in the state. RVC’s function is to provide disaster early warnings and forecast information and timely delivery of relief items to streamline compensation to workers.
#7. PM Narendra Modi has inaugurated the Kochi–Lakshadweep Islands Submarine Optical Fiber Connection (KLI-SOFC) project. What is the total link distance of this cable?
Prime Minister Narendra Modi today inaugurated the Kochi-Lakshadweep Islands Submarine Optical Fiber Connection (KLI-SOFC) in Kavaratti, Lakshadweep, among various developmental projects worth over Rs 1,150 crore covering multiple sectors including technology, energy, water resources, healthcare and education. ) project inaugurated.
Key Features of KLI Project:
- Total link distance: 1,868 kilometres.
- Total cost of the project: Rs 1072 crore plus taxes.
#8. Popular Queen Margrethe II will step down after 52 years on the throne. She is the queen of which country?
- Denmark’s popular Queen Margrethe II, Europe’s longest-reigning monarch, will abdicate on Jan. 14 and hand power to her son, Crown Prince Frederick.
- Margrethe, 83, has ruled for 52 years and has been Europe’s only reigning queen since the death of Britain’s Elizabeth II.
#9. Who has become the first company to achieve ISCC-Plus certification?
RIL’s Jamnagar Refinery has achieved a historic milestone as India’s first refinery to produce ISCC-Plus certified chemically recycled polymers, marking a significant milestone in sustainable practices.
#10. Who has been made the official spokesperson for the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA)?
In a significant change in the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), official spokesperson Arindam Bagchi has handed over the command to Randhir Jaiswal. The move comes after the appointment of Arindam Bagchi as the next Permanent Representative of India to the United Nations and other international organizations in Geneva in October 2023.
#11. Who has been selected as India's permanent representative to the United Nations?
- External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Arindam Bagchi has been named India’s permanent representative to the United Nations and other organizations in Geneva.
- He is a 1995 batch IFS officer.
- Earlier, Bagchi had held posts as Ambassador to Croatia, Deputy High Commissioner to Sri Lanka and in the Prime Minister’s Office.
- Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) official spokesperson Arindam Bagchi has handed over the command to Randhir Jaiswal. That is, Randhir Jaiswal has now become the official spokesperson of the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
#12. Which country has achieved a milestone in the digital sphere by introducing a fully digital Schengen visa for the 2024 Olympics, becoming the first country in Europe to do so?
France has taken the lead in the implementation of a fully digital Schengen visa for the 2024 Paris Olympics through the “Olympic Consulate” system, making it the first EU member state to adopt such an online visa processing approach. This innovative system, operational from January 1, 2024, simplifies the application process for international athletes, journalists and foreign delegations.
HD Quiz powered by harmonic design