Quiz: Daily Current Affairs 06 January 2024
Current affairs play a pivotal role in competitive examinations, serving as a crucial component that assesses a candidate’s awareness of ongoing events, trends, and issues both at national and international levels. Staying informed about current affairs is essential for several reasons.
It reflects a candidate’s general knowledge and awareness, which are key indicators of intellectual acumen. Examinations often include questions related to recent developments, political changes, economic policies, and social issues. Demonstrating awareness of these topics showcases a candidate’s ability to stay updated and engaged with the world around them.
Quiz: Daily Current Affairs 06 January 2024
#1. In which state has Adani Group collaborated for data center and aerospace park investment?
#2. Which is India's first satellite to be launched recently from Falcon 9 rocket?
ISRO’s commercial arm ‘New Space India Limited’ (NSIL) has announced that India will use SpaceX’s Falcon 9 rocket to launch its next generation heavy communications satellite GSAT-20 (or GSAT-N2) .
#3. Who has been appointed as the Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief of the Western Naval Command (WNC)?
- Vice Admiral Sanjay Jasjit Singh has assumed the role of Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Western Naval Command (WNC).
- Singh replaced Vice Admiral Dinesh K Tripathi.
- Prior to this, Singh served as the Deputy Chief of the Naval Staff and had a versatile naval career spanning nearly 38 years.
#4. Which state government has decided to declare January 22 as Dry Day because the consecration of Ram temple in Ayodhya will take place on that day?
- Chhattisgarh government has decided to declare January 22 as Dry Day as the consecration of Ram temple in Ayodhya will take place on that day.
- The Chief Minister said, Ram Raj has been our model of good governance.
- We are fortunate that Chhattisgarh is the ‘Nanihal’ (place of Lord Ram’s maternal grandfather) of Lord Ram and it is also fortunate that the ‘Pran Pratishtha’ of the Ram temple in Ayodhya will take place on January 22.
#5. 'Kadiyal Sarees' belongs to which state which recently got GI tag?
As a part of the National GI Drive Mission, ‘Kadiyal Sarees’ of West Bengal have been granted the Geographical Indication (GI) tag.
#6. The Governor of which state has inaugurated the cashless health facility under the Ayushman scheme?
Haryana Governor inaugurates cashless health facility under Ayushman scheme Haryana Governor Bandaru Dattatreya inaugurates cashless health facility under Ayushman Bharat scheme. Haryana Government gave an important gift of cashless health facility to government employees and their dependents in the New Year.
#7. Rashmi Shukla has become the first woman DGP of which state in Jan. 2024?
Maharashtra government has appointed 1988 batch IPS officer Rashmi Shukla as Director General of Police. He has replaced IPS Rajneesh Seth, who retired on 31 December 2023. IPS Rashmi Shukla has become the first woman DGP of Maharashtra.
#8. Which government department is responsible for launching the Prerana programme?
- The Department of School Education and Literacy, Ministry of Education, Government of India has launched ‘Prerana: An Experience-Based Learning Programme’, which aims to provide a meaningful, unique and inspirational experience to all participants, inculcating them with leadership qualities. Can be made stronger.
- The inspiration is driven by a deep commitment to embedding the principles of the Indian education system and the philosophy of value-based education that is the cornerstone of the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020.
- Prerna is a week-long residential program for selected students from classes IX to XII. It is an experiential and inspiring learning program for students with best-in-class technology where heritage and innovation meet. Every week a batch of 20 selected students (10 boys and 10 girls) from different parts of the country will participate in this program.
- The Prerana program will start from the Vernacular School established in 1888 in Vadnagar, Mehsana district of Gujarat, one of the oldest cities of India.
#9. Rajiv Gandhi Self-Employment Start Up Scheme has been launched in which state?
- In January, 2024, Himachal Pradesh Government has launched Rajiv Gandhi Self-Employment Startup Scheme.
- This scheme encourages rural youth to install solar power plants on their land.
- This will encourage self-employment opportunities.
- Persons in the age group of 21 to 45 years will be eligible for this scheme.
#10. Which country will become the first European country to issue digital Schengen visas to visitors for the upcoming Olympics?
- France will become the first European country to issue digital Schengen visas to visitors for the upcoming Paris Olympics.
- France has announced plans to move to fully online processes for 70,0000 French Schengen visas, in a move in line with EU digitization plans.
- France began operating the “Olympic Consulate” system – dedicated to processing visa applications for the 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games – from January 1, 2024.
#11. Who has been appointed as the Deputy Chief of the Indian Naval Staff?
Vice Admiral Dinesh Tripathi appointed as Vice Chief of Naval Staff on January 4, 2024 Vice Admiral Dinesh K Tripathi, AVSM, NM has enjoyed a distinguished naval career.
HD Quiz powered by harmonic design